IMI Accredited Stolen Plant & Agricultural Machinery, theft awareness and Identification
This course is regularly updated to maintain relevance to share the latest methodology used in the theft and disguise of stolen plant & machinery.
2 Day course content and learning outcomes
- The nature and extent of plant theft
- Comprehensive understanding of rational selection
- How to conduct a preliminary roadside check
- Visit to local Plant Hire company for physical examinations
- How to recognise fake and altered chassis numbers
- How to recognise fake and tampered chassis plates
- Understanding paints and primers
- Effective use of the roadside tool kit
- Designations and terminology
- Understanding Plant and Agricultural databases
- Understanding CESAR
- Basic understanding of chemical and thermal restoration process
- Accurately ageing a machine on the roadside
- Pro-active and re-active security
- Health and Safety - the dangers surrounding plant
- PII (Public Interest Immunity) Issues
Next Course(s): Tuesday 28th to Wednesday 29th November 2023
- Tuesday 19th to Wednesday 20th March 2024
The course runs over 2 days and is a mix of theory and practical. Students are required to fill out a workbook and sit an end of course multiple-choice examination.
The cost of the course is £599 + VAT per delagate.
Tuesday 28th to Wednesday 29th November 2023
Training course reviews
Since that initial course, hundreds of officers from around the country have been trained in the skill of basic vehicle identification techniques. A sample of the comments made by students on completion of the course:
"A great course with really useful insight, it shows what can be achieved with experience. The course trainer was able to read the room to provide the best way of training. There was a good balance of valuable classroom work alongside practical examination of plates and machines"
Katie Maun - Avon and Somerset Police
"Nick is a very knowledgeable trainer and explains everything in a clear and easy-to-understand manner"
Luke Johnson - Greater Manchester Police
"Excellent content which was passed on to me in a that was easy to understand"
Ian Humphries - West Mercia Police
"Great knowledge and shared well with everyone on the course. Made the training enjoyable and informative"